You Are Enough
Have you ever felt like you weren't good enough? I sure have. Part of it for me is a struggle with mental health and depression, which may not be the case for everyone. However, I'm sure a fair number of us have felt less than adequate, unworthy, or like we don't measure up.
I don't make a lot of money. My car isn't as new as the guy down the street. My job isn't as glamorous as such-and-such. I'm not as gifted and them. I'm just not very good at all. I've probably had the majority of these cross my mind at one time or another. Sometimes as a result of envy from comparison, some days it's my depression creeping in like a nagging voice, attempting to knock me down a peg or two. On that first note, comparison is the thief of joy.
What I mean, is we all live different lives, because we're all individuals. I have friends for instance, they own multiple homes, a couple businesses, and a nice car. I don't. I work for others, make an ok income, rent an apartment, but my car isn't too shabby though. Yet, to flip the script; I can play a multitude of instruments, can cook up a storm in the kitchen, and have vast knowledge of many useless things. I don't think it's much, yet those same friends have said, "I wish I could do what you do."
Umm...what? Actually though, what?
I'm broke, 90% of the time, my credit is shot, and my body is like a veritable who's who of aches and pains. Therein lays my point. That there is no point...in comparing ourselves to each other like that I mean. The grass always seems greener on the other side, I can assure you it is not.
It always looks like others have it better than us, but we all have our things. Some are just better at covering it up, or simply aren't as open about those things. At the end of the day, all these material things, our perceived abilities, skills, and passions, hold no bearing on eternity. In the eyes of God, the creator, the one who formed you in the womb, you are good enough as you are. Heck, you're great as you are, because that's how God made you.
Even in our "weaknesses", God is there, Corinthians tells us that in our weakness He is strong. So not only do we already have our strengths, regardless of whether or not we're aware of them, those areas we lack strength God is there waiting to build you up and strengthen you. In the same way when we find that "one" or that "soul mate", it isn't someone who "completes us", we're already a complete human being with God. It's simply a complimenting of our existing strengths and weaknesses.
Remember, even when it doesn't seem like it. You are good enough. God loves you, and made you for a purpose. You are ordained by the spirit and saved by an ever loving saviour. God loves you enough he has the hairs on your head numbered, and from the day you were formed, He has a perfect plan for you.
I don't make a lot of money. My car isn't as new as the guy down the street. My job isn't as glamorous as such-and-such. I'm not as gifted and them. I'm just not very good at all. I've probably had the majority of these cross my mind at one time or another. Sometimes as a result of envy from comparison, some days it's my depression creeping in like a nagging voice, attempting to knock me down a peg or two. On that first note, comparison is the thief of joy.
What I mean, is we all live different lives, because we're all individuals. I have friends for instance, they own multiple homes, a couple businesses, and a nice car. I don't. I work for others, make an ok income, rent an apartment, but my car isn't too shabby though. Yet, to flip the script; I can play a multitude of instruments, can cook up a storm in the kitchen, and have vast knowledge of many useless things. I don't think it's much, yet those same friends have said, "I wish I could do what you do."
Umm...what? Actually though, what?
I'm broke, 90% of the time, my credit is shot, and my body is like a veritable who's who of aches and pains. Therein lays my point. That there is no point...in comparing ourselves to each other like that I mean. The grass always seems greener on the other side, I can assure you it is not.
It always looks like others have it better than us, but we all have our things. Some are just better at covering it up, or simply aren't as open about those things. At the end of the day, all these material things, our perceived abilities, skills, and passions, hold no bearing on eternity. In the eyes of God, the creator, the one who formed you in the womb, you are good enough as you are. Heck, you're great as you are, because that's how God made you.
Even in our "weaknesses", God is there, Corinthians tells us that in our weakness He is strong. So not only do we already have our strengths, regardless of whether or not we're aware of them, those areas we lack strength God is there waiting to build you up and strengthen you. In the same way when we find that "one" or that "soul mate", it isn't someone who "completes us", we're already a complete human being with God. It's simply a complimenting of our existing strengths and weaknesses.
Remember, even when it doesn't seem like it. You are good enough. God loves you, and made you for a purpose. You are ordained by the spirit and saved by an ever loving saviour. God loves you enough he has the hairs on your head numbered, and from the day you were formed, He has a perfect plan for you.
Comments
Post a Comment